This scholarship is community service-based and non-sectarian. Religious affiliation is neither a requirement nor a consideration. Students from both public and private high schools are eligible to apply.
To be eligible for a COTY– JWV Community Service Scholarship, a student must be a high school senior attending school in, or residing in Stamford. Scholarship winners will receive grants of up to $7,500 to be used for higher education at an accredited institution of their choice.
Recipients will be selected based on their:
- Exemplarily volunteer service benefiting the Stamford Community,
- Leadership roles, if any,
- Letters of recommendation (see below)
Please include the following REQUIRED documents with this application:
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from either the head of a volunteer program and/or someone who has benefitted from your volunteer efforts.
- On an Excel spreadsheet (formatted landscape and 8-1/2″ x 11″), list a brief description of each facet of your community service, what you actually did, the number of hours of service for each organization, and the name, phone number, and email for each organization’s contact person with whom you worked. This should be laid out in a clear and easy to read format.
- Official school transcript.
Early Review Submission Deadline – January 15, 2024
Final Submission Deadline – February 28, 2024