In conjunction with the annual City of Stamford Citizen of the Year event, scholarships of up to $7,500 are awarded by the Fred Robbins Post 142 of the Jewish War Veterans of the United States, Stamford, CT to graduating seniors who have provided outstanding community service in the City of
This scholarship is performance-based and non-sectarian. Religious affiliation is neither a requirement nor considered.
Students from both public and private high schools are eligible to apply.
To be eligible for a COTY– JWV Community Service Scholarship, a student must be a high school senior and a resident of Stamford. Scholarship winners will receive grants of up to $7,500 to be used for higher education at an accredited institution of his or her choice.
Recipients will be selected based on their:
- Exemplarily volunteer service benefiting the Stamford Community,
- Leadership roles, if any,
- Letters of recommendation (see below)
To apply for a scholarship, mail or deliver the completed application with required documents to:
- Community Scholarship Selection Committee
- 22 First Street
- Stamford, CT 06905
Please include the following REQUIRED documents with this application:
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from either the head of a volunteer program and/or someone who has benefited from your volunteer efforts.
- Official school transcript.
- On an Excel spreadsheet, list a brief description of each facet of your community service, what you actually did along with the number of hours of service for each organization, and the name, phone number, and email for each organization’s contact person with whom you worked.
- Please be certain to identify total hours (i.e. not 3 hours per week or 14 hours per month for example) and provide a specific time frame and a total for each organization
EARLY REVIEW OPTION
The Early Review option affords the applicant an opportunity for the Scholarship Committee to review the application and submissions, and have a chance to ask the applicant to clarify or ask for more details.
Early Review submissions must be postmarked or received by December 15, 2017 Final Submission Date for revised Early Review and Standard applications is Postmarked or received by — January 31, 2018